Friday, September 18, 2009

Works In PROGRESS.







 In-class assignment 1: supposed to be focused on painting the figure with shapes... I have a long way to go.





In-class assignment 2: We were told to 'paint with line' or 'draw with paint'. I think that this came out kind of cartoony, but I think I like it so far.




In-class assignment 3: use of natural or 'real' colors. Combine 2 of three techniques learned so far; expressive, line, shape. also blend and render the figure accurately.


Homework assignment 1: Expressive self portrait in monochromatic color.

Detail.



Homework assignment 2: 'Real' color, well blended.




Detail.

This fall I just started working with oils and I am loving it. In the past I have always used acrylic paints and always got so frustrated with them. I love how oils blend and how you can use them to layer. I am super excited about this semester. I am taking some really good classes and most of my professors are pretty awesome. I absolutely love my paper class. When I have some work done in there I will be sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment